Full-Time YTP Coach
It’s great to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At First Place for Youth we’re committed to bringing passion and Client (Youth) focus to the business of making a meaningful impact. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to value our employees, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is investment in others. We value in creating an environment so that each one of us can succeed in our personal and professional goals.
What a YTP Coach does at First Place for Youth:
The YTP Coach assess youth needs, provide skills coaching and intensive case management services, and coordinate services in the community that are intended to address outcomes in the four areas education/employment, housing, social/emotional wellbeing, and permanent connections.
The YTP Coach will be intensively trained in the Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) model and facilitate weekly skills groups and coaching for YTP participants. The YTP Coach builds relationships and facilitates a team-based approach among all the organizations and staff who are engaged in the youth’s support team.
• Facilitates weekly DBT skills groups and provides DBT coaching.
• Provides direct support, coaching, mentoring and intervention to increase youth self-sufficiency and goal attainment through weekly case management meetings with youth.
• Coordinates youth support team of service providers, family, and other natural supports to ensure youth have necessary resource and supports to address needs.
• Provides clinical leadership to multi-disciplinary teams consisting of youth, family and other natural supporters, county case managers, and external partners to ensure seamless and effective service delivery.
Can you answer YES to these questions?
• Master’s Degree in Social Welfare, Psychology, or equivalent
• Must be eligible to register with BBS as an ASW, MFTi, or LPCi and working toward professional licensure.
• Experience working with transition age youth with complex presentations including chronic trauma preferred. Experience does not substitute for professional degree and certification.
• Must be comfortable working in community settings.
• Must be able to pass a Community Care Licensing background check
Some of the great Benefits of working at First Place for Youth:
•Competitive salary starting at 54,422/-
•Flexible work schedules
•Clinical Supervision hours towards Licensure
•Generous paid vacation and holidays
•Medical, Dental, Vision, Employee Assistance Plan.
•Benefits coverage for employee and dependents
•401 (k) Retirement plan with up to 3.5% employer match
•LTD and Flex Spending Account
•Commuter benefit via Clipper card
•Paid Sabbatical after 7 years of service
• Employer paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP).
• Ongoing training, and professional development opportunities.
•Prime location in Downtown Oakland; close to Bart
About First Place for Youth:
First Place provides youth with access to safe, affordable housing, intensive case management, individualized education and employment support, job development and a rigorous school-to-career program. Our programs consistently produce high outcomes: when compared to the general population of former foster youth, First Place participants are eight times less likely to experience homelessness, twice as likely to graduate from high school, nine times more likely to enroll in college, and three times as likely to be employed.
To learn more about First Place for Youth feel free to visit our website: www.firstplaceforyouth.org
Apply and see if you have what it takes to be part of the team that wants to make a difference in the lives of the young people it serves!